Find out everything you need to know about accessibility and facilities at the Museum of Science and Industry.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about our facilities, please call us on 0161 832 2244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our guide for detailed information about facilities and access in every area of the museum.
facilities and accessibility information at a glance
- Smooth paths connect all of our buildings for easier pram and wheelchair access.
- You can collect a large-print map at the information desk near our main entrance (please let us know in advance if you require a specific font size).
- There is step-free access to all floors of our multi-level buildings.
- We can lend you a wheelchair or a collapsible chair—just ask at the information desk.
- We are a breastfeeding-friendly museum.
- We have a buggy park next to our main entrance—though please take any valuable items with you as we don’t secure this area.
- You can hire a small locker for £1, or a large locker for £2. This charge is non-refundable. Lockers are on the lower-ground floor (basement). Go down the staircase between the shop and the Warehouse Café.
- We have a prayer room in our 1830 Warehouse. Let one of the team know if you’d like to use it.
- Assistance dogs are welcome. Ask us for a water bowl.
- There is a hearing loop in the Great Western Warehouse.
- Familiarisation images are available to download ahead of your visit here.
- We offer free personal assistant/carer tickets for our paid for events and exhibitions. These are available to book online, by phone on 0333 241 4000 or in person on the day of your visit. Contact us if you have any questions.