In this live demonstration of our historic machinery, we’ll show your students how steam engines work and teach them about the history of power.
Experience the sights, sounds and smells of real operational steam engines that powered mills all over the North West and helped to shape our world.
What will they learn?
- That science played a central role in shaping industrial advances.
- How steam can power a steam engine, and in turn generate energy to power factories.
- How linear motion can be turned into rotary motion.
- How the scientific theory of centrifugal force was used to improve steam engines.
- The role of our historical site in the Industrial Revolution.
Engine Demonstration is also available for families. Find out more.